Bungie has activated the long-awaited cross-save characteristic for Future 2, which means you’ll be able to lastly transfer your Guardians, with all of their loot, to a special platform and freely soar between console and PC at your leisure. Right here’s easy methods to do it, whether or not you wish to switch your account knowledge between a PC and PS4, an Xbox One and PS4, and even (sooner or later) a PC and Stadia.
First, there are a number of vital disclaimers to bear in mind earlier than you undergo with activating cross-save in your account:
- For now, you’ll have to repurchase the bottom recreation to make use of on different platforms. After all, that can now not be the case as soon as Future 2: New Mild, the free-to-play model of the sport, releases on October 1st (the identical day as the brand new Shadowkeep growth). So you could wish to simply wait till then.
- Both manner, you’ll have to repurchase the sport’s expansions for whichever further platform you wish to play on if you wish to entry these expansions’ actions, such because the forge for Black Armory or every growth’s respective raid. You don’t want to purchase the expansions to have the ability to use all expansion-specific gear and subclasses within the Crucible and different base recreation actions.
- Moreover, any Silver (Future 2’s paid in-game foreign money) that you just’ve beforehand bought will stay locked to your authentic platform and gained’t be transferable. So you could wish to redeem your Silver earlier than porting your saved knowledge.
(Word: PC gamers transferring from Battle.web to Steam are the exception. For that, Bungie is providing a one-time switch of Silver, Annual Go, expansions, and the whole lot else on the account.)
- If you happen to already play Future 2 on two platforms, activating cross-save signifies that the Guardians on a type of platforms might be overwritten. Nevertheless, Bungie says in its FAQ that cross-save may be disabled if you wish to get your previous characters again. If you happen to do disable cross-save, you’ll have to attend 90 days earlier than you’ll be able to reactivate it.
And cross-save can’t be disabled on the PC platform. The shift from Battle.web to Steam is nonreversible since Future 2 will quickly be delisted on Battle.web.
Methods to allow cross-save
- Head to Bungie’s Cross-Save sign-in web page. You’ll first wish to sign up with the platform that you’ve got your important Future 2 (together with your favourite Guardians) knowledge tied to, whether or not it’s PlayStation, Xbox, Battle.web, or Steam.
- After that, signal into the account on the platform(s) to which you wish to prolong your account. For instance, when you’re beginning with a PS4 and including an Xbox One account, you’ll signal into your PlayStation account first, then your Xbox account.
- In my case, my save is related to the Battle.web shopper on a PC, and I need to have the ability to play on Steam (with my account in tow) when the sport migrates over on October 1st. So my first and final step is to signal into my Steam account on Bungie’s “PC Transfer” web page.
- It’s value noting that PC gamers can play on Battle.web till October 1st. And console gamers who select to activate cross-save to port their knowledge from a PS4 or Xbox One to play on Battle.web can as effectively. Nevertheless, you’ll ultimately must port it as soon as once more, this time to Steam, earlier than October 1st.
- No matter which platform you’re shifting from and to, Bungie does its due diligence by asking you many occasions when you actually wish to undergo with enabling cross-save. It additionally asks you to conform to phrases that define what Bungie goes to be doing together with your knowledge, and affirm that you just’re giving the corporate the best to take action.
- Shortly after agreeing, you’ll be capable to entry your account from the brand new platforms, assuming you’ve bought Future 2 to play on them. If you log into your Bungie account on-line, you’ll simply be capable to see which platforms have entry to which content material. As you’ll be able to see from the picture above, Bungie supplies useful hyperlinks on its website to the place you’ll be able to repurchase the expansions and Annual Go.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media might earn commissions for merchandise bought through affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see our ethics coverage.