PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has topped Valve’s 2018 Steam Awards as its general Sport of the 12 months.
Launched alongside Steam’s 12th Annual Winter Sale in early December, gamers had been invited to pick their favourites throughout eight classes, together with recreation of the 12 months, greatest developer, and ‘higher with pals’. All contributors had been rewarded with a set of digital buying and selling playing cards as a thanks for voting.
“Finest Developer proved to be a highly-contested class with a number of shut calls among the many prime nominees,” Valve defined on the time, increasing on why there have been so many shortlisted for this explicit class. “Consequently, we expanded the set of nominees to 10. As well as, we have excluded Valve (ourselves) from this class.”
In a ceremony broadcast stay through Steam.television, Valve confirmed the winners had been as follows:
- Sport of the 12 months: Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds (runner-ups: Monster Hunter: World, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Hitman 2, Murderer’s Creed: Odyssey)
- VR Sport of the 12 months: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (runner-ups: VR Chat, Beat Saber, Fallout Four VR, Superhot VR)
- Labo(u)r of Love: Grand Theft Auto 5 (runner-ups: No Man’s Sky, Path of Exile, Dota 2, Stardew Valley)
- Finest Developer: CD Projekt Crimson (runner-ups: Ubisoft, Bethesda, Rockstar, Digital Extremes, Sq. Enix, Capcom, Paradox Interactive, Bandai Namco, Klei)
- Finest Atmosphere: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (runner-ups: Subnautica, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Far Cry 5, Darkish Souls 3)
- Higher With Pals: Rainbow Six Siege (runner-ups: Payday 2, Lifeless By Daylight, CS:GO, Overcooked! 2)
- Finest Alternate Historical past: Murderer’s Creed Odyssey (runner-ups: Wolfenstein 2, Hearts of Iron 4, Civilization 6, Fallout 4)
- Most Enjoyable With a Machine: Rocket League (runner-ups: Euro Truck Simulator 2, Nier: Automata, Factorio, Area Engineers)